1/11/08

Looking for Answers

"i beg you...to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. don't search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. and the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without ever noticing it, live your way into the answer...."
rainer maria rilke


It seems like in every season of life, there is a bit of a need to accept the questions. So I share this today as a reminder to myself and whoever else enjoys reminders. Sometimes we forget to just be where we are and breathe. We always want to jump ahead, or we're fearful of jumping ahead because it's such a mystery. Oftentimes, we're waiting for "the other shoe to drop." Even if we don't even know we're doing that anymore. If we've ever been hurt, and I doubt there's a human that hasn't, there will always be a part of us a bit afraid to trust. To trust a person, or to trust God, or to trust that we're okay just as we are. So that's why I love this quote so much. I have it on a magnet on my fridge so as not to forget to live my questions; to live each day. I have to admit I'm not always so good at it, but I'll keep trying to trust. I suppose that's what most of life is about anyway. Today I'm trying to think really hard to remember what my childhood dreams really were and to believe, or trust, that they could still be possible, even though I'm already, suddenly in my thirties. THIRTIES!!! When did that happen? I SWEAR I'm still 23. Except that wrinkly lady in the mirror keeps proving me wrong....

2 clicked right here to comment:

Sabrina said...

Preach it! Easier said then done, but I keep on trying! thanks for the quote!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs