4/5/10

Nothing

I was in church, for Easter, and I felt nothing. I have been feeling guilty for my lack of feeling in church my entire life. It isn't that I don't like church, at least not most of the time. It's something else.

My emotions over the things of faith aren't triggered in a place of worship often.

But as an aside, you should know that they are triggered here...


Easter2, originally uploaded by Heather of the EO.

In the changing landscape of a Midwestern spring. In the face of a boy I was once worried I may not keep. My soul wells up with hallelujahs on a daily basis, in the ordinary things of life. I carry those praises along in my heart and when we go to church, something happens to them. They go quiet. Sure, sometimes I have a moment, a certain song or words said at just the right time to bring a lump to my throat or to cause me to grab a pen and scribble down an aha moment. But for the most part...nothing....(continued)

If you'd like to read more of my thoughts on faith and church- including why I think my hallelujas "go quiet"-head on over to If Life is a Highway. (No pressure. If church-talk isn't your thing, I understand. But please know, I'm very honest about my struggle over there, so if you'd like to think with me, click on over.)

COMMENTS ARE CLOSED. (but they are open on the Highway blog.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs