12/6/07

She's a crock

Last night, my friend Carrie let me know, as we had dinner, that she was a little afraid to spend time with me cause she'd probably end up blogged about. Well, certainly!
The title may be misleading, because Carrie is really quite genuine. But her maiden name was Crockford, so she became "Crock." I always have such a good time with this lady. She's witty and bright and tells a great story. She's got lots of stories since she spends most of her time with her three-year-old twin girls. And those girls are the cutest, smartest, funniest little people you could ever meet.
It is so good to get out of the house and speak grown-up. And laugh and eat good food. I told Ryan this morning that I can't believe what great friends I have. I don't say that just because Carrie paid for the meal (thanks again), but because of who she is. When we met, I have to say I never would have guessed that we would become dear friends. She intimidated me. Because she's intimidating. In a good way. She's so smart and witty that you sometimes can't keep up. She'll "tell ya how it is" without ever holding back, and it's always just what you need to hear.
We worked together as case managers, serving people living with mental illness. I believe Carrie knows more than most Psychiatrists about mental illness. She taught me a whole lot. And then I got to know her outside of work and found out how much more there was to her. For instance, I found out for the first time last night that she's fluent in American Sign Language. How did I not know this seven years ago? I think it's because there are so many things she can do and so many things she knows about, I'll probably continue to be surprised. It's great and all that she's so smart. But what I like most is her heart. (Yup, Carrie if you're reading this I'm getting all sappy sapperton- stop rolling your eyes). She's simply a truly good friend. So full of generosity and kindness. She is always thinking about what she can do for other people (as if there isn't enough on her own plate). I could go on and on, but you get the idea - cool chick.
I hope my boys have friends like I do someday.

1 clicked right here to comment:

Sabrina said...

Friends are truly a blessing, aren't they! So far I've enjoyed meeting a couple of your friends, including that one friend of yours that has a slight limp due to a door falling on her ankle, a goofy husband and a wicked good cook! What's her name again? :)
You're pretty terrific there yourself Heather! Friends are Fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs