2/22/08

I Can't Wait

This is Super Miles (obviously) wearing his cape
(or "case," as he likes to call it - it's a burp cloth)
and his "super sock," tucked into his pj pants.
He "flies" around the house, saying things like,
"Be in trouble, mommy, I will rescue you from the giant!!!"

This is Mr.Blue Eyes. Those eyes'll get me every time.

"When you reach the proper age, I will teach you to read and you can turn the pages. How to dress and tie your shoes. Your one plus ones and your two times twos. And you'll teach me of hearts and dreams and all the most important things. And all that I have lost along the way. And I can't wait.
As you grow, I'll show you things. How to ride your bike and kick your legs out on the swings. To fold your hands and bow your head, how to say your prayers before you go to bed.
And you'll teach me of hearts and dreams and all the most important things. And all that I have lost along the way. And I can't wait.
How do you sleep so peacefully?
How do you trust unflinchingly?
How do you love so faithfully?
How do you dance so joyfully?
Oh you'll teach me of hearts and dreams and all the most
essential things
and all that I have lost along the way.
And I can't wait.
No, I can't wait.
Come teach me of love and dreams and all the most essential things
And all that I have lost along the way
Cause I can't wait." - Sara Groves

2 clicked right here to comment:

Sabrina said...

I love the new blog layout and colors and everything!

The Crowders said...

good song and cd!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs