3/13/08

Sleep Hound?

"I'm too tired to sleep"

What I'm learning about Asher is that he hates being awake. Even though he'll act like putting him to sleep is a horrible thing to do to him at times, he sure seems to need a whole lot of z's. We had a REALLY rough few days again, where he would scream about being put to bed and then wake up a couple of times an hour in the night. These are the times when I really wish there was a button on him that I could push and a little piece of paper would pop out his mouth with words on it that he can't speak. Like, "My head hurts dangit." Or, "geez lady, don't you get it, my mouth is ablaze with gum breakage!!!" Or, "My belly is about to explode and it hurts and you think I can SLEEP???" Stuff like that.

Then we'll get through the rough nights when he just can't sleep due to one baby trial or another and he'll sleep like CRAZY. For instance, he had three naps yesterday (hence my catching up on blogging), and all three naps were from 1 and a 1/2 to 2 and a 1/2 hours. Then he went to bed at 7pm and didn't wake up until 5:30am, ate and went back to sleep. THEN he had a Dr. appt this morning so we had to wake him up at 8:15am! After the appointment, around 10am, he fell asleep in the car for another 1/2 hour. We got home, he ate and "played" a little and went down for a nap at noon. You would have thought he'd been waiting for that nap his whole life, zonkered.

The best part is that when he's not sleeping, I rack my brain for ways I can help him and guess constantly about what might be the culprit. And the same goes for when he sleeps a lot "oh no, is he terribly ill with a virus that never goes away?" "Does he have allergies?" "Is there some major disease that causes constant sleeping?" Ugh...

Well, he's awake now. Woke at 1:30pm. It is now 1:50pm and he's acting super tired and cranky. These last twenty minutes have taken their toll. I guess we'll start getting ready for another nap...

1 clicked right here to comment:

Jessie said...

The last time we were at the doctor's office I asked if he had an easy button to make the baby sleep through the night. He laughed. He didn't understand that I was serious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs