7/13/08

What is the Point of all of This?

There is a question being raised on a blog I read;

The blogging thing...why do you do it?

I get emails or comments every once and again from moms who are in the same rockin' little boat that I'm in. Moms who know what it's like to be "in the trenches." Moms who waver through bouts of sleep-deprivation and frustration and move into days of joy and thankfulness. Moms who know exactly what I mean when I talk about a toddler tantrum or colic. Moms who need to connect as much as I do.

That's why I sit here almost every day and share from my heart. Because I know I need that sense of community, and am more than thankful to give it to someone else.

Sometimes I think too much about what I'm going to say and picture certain people who I know are reading and try to win their approval.

Sometimes I just randomly share, without any control over the keyboard, no regard for what anyone else might be thinking.

My goal? I want to continue what I accidentally started. I did this because I wanted a journal of our lives, a way for my boys to be able to touch their past. But slowly it became an outlet for me. And then it began to get a reaction. Moms in my life started to say that they needed my words to let them know they're okay, to feel a bit normal and to not be too hard on themselves. And that, my friends, is the icing on the cake. Most likely, it's the number one reason to sit down every day with many of you in mind. Because we all have a tendency to compare ourselves to others and figure we don't measure up. But if we're being real, we find we have more in common than we ever thought possible.

I want to keep connecting in a way that screams "I GET YOU!" (Even when you totally stink.)

So for the record, that's why I do this. Thank you for telling me you like it.

4 clicked right here to comment:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You expressed that so perfectly - that's exactly what it's about for me too!

Julie said...

I remember those stages of life with children.

I'm on the other end. I desire to encourage those in the trenches from one who is out on the other side, now.

I too am participating in the Blog Missions Tour.

It's nice to meet you.

Julie

Shanda said...

I'm in the trenches too. Even as a single mom, I can relate to so much of your mission. I'm bookmarking your blog and I'll be back!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i love the sense of community that is part of your mission...that is exactly part of mine also. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs