9/12/08

A Latte Lunch and SOS

When it comes around to lunch time here in house of EO, I find myself standing in the kitchen, staring off into space, wondering why life has to be so hard. I mean...wait. Wondering why LUNCH has to be so hard.

I say things to myself like, "Why DO people have to eat three times a day? Isn't the prep and eating and clean-up enough of a time-suck that we could just skip at least ONE?"

Yeah, that's what I think about lunch. Most of the time. SO, I'm grateful for what's going on over at the lovely Jenny's place, A Latte Talk today! LUNCH IDEAS with Mr. Linky! If you have some, get your butt over there and share because (obviously) I need your help!

So you want to know what ideas I'M sharing for lunch? In true Heather fashion, I'm going to cut corners. Since I've shared that lunch DOES NOT come easy for me, I am stealing ideas from the Mama Manifesto for Foody Fridays over at Latte Talk. Yay, Manifesto to the rescue! You see, all I had to do was go over there and click on recipes and I was bombarded with PLENTY of tasty, healthy, quick and easy recipes for any meal. Many of which would work for, you guessed it, LUNCH. Here is the direct link to all the Mama Manifesto recipes: click here.

Speaking of Mama Manifesto, don't miss out on another Friday Give-Away over there today. This one makes me want to have more babies...sigh. But not right now, cause it really really hurts and I'm busy typing this.

Lastly, it's still September. Which means Soap Opera Sundays are being hosted here at the EO. If you haven't been bombarded with that information, you can read about it here. And if you've got a story to share, please do! The theme is "Three's Company...or Three's a Crowd" (You. A guy. A friend.) Don't forget that you can definitely stray from that theme. Submit anytime and look for an SOS post here on Sunday. To get your creative juices flowing I just have to share one that was already submitted. It's hilarious and um....SHOCKING. Good read! Thank you, Charrette!

8 clicked right here to comment:

Peanut said...

THANK YOU! I hate lunchtime, unless there are leftovers in the fridge. I think it has to do with it being just before naptime, so everyone (including mommy) is a little cranky. And I still have to prepare something different for my son, so I have lots going on and I just want to get to naptime!

Kristina P. said...

I don't have kids, but I used to make lunches for Adam when we were first married, to try to save money. And I stopped. I hated it for some reason. Lunchables will be my friend someday.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I love eating breakfast (so hungry in the mornings), and I love cooking dinner.

But lunch? Meh. Leftovers or boring PB&J sandwiches here. There's little creativity at that meal.

Although I have noticed that I can't skip lunch -- especially the protein portion of it -- without me morphing into grumpy and starving mommy around 4:00 PM. And that's no good.

Kristina P. said...

Heather, I'm putting together my email now, to send to Sue. I chose the Diddy one, and the farmer's market. Wish me luck!

Jenny said...

Seriously, Heather! I LOVE the recipes on Mama Manifesto! I tried the oatmeal pancakes and they were awesome.

Great, easy, creative, healthy, yummy recipes.

Aquaspce said...

I cook for aprox. 1000 people a day, not a word of a lie. I make all sorts of yummy things like Chicken Cordon Bleu, Roast Beef Dinner, Baked Salmon, Pepita Mole Chicken Wraps, Jambalaya, the list goes on... My kids... get Kraft Dinner - with hot dogs, if I feel like spoiling them.
I often think, why can't we just eat Multigrain Wheat Thins for supper? Or Cake.

charrette said...

Wow. Thanks for the linky love! I just finished talking to my sister, plotting the high points of the next episode, so stay tuned!

LazyCrazyMama said...

Thanks for all the links! I am soooo horrible at lunch too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs