10/9/08

From the mouth of Miles

We're driving in the car and I look in the rear-view mirror at a strangely silent Miles. I strike up a conversation because I find I can no longer handle silence in the car, it's so unfamiliar. Weird.

I tell Miles that his Grandpa's birthday is coming up this weekend, and ask what he thinks we should give him.

He says, "a small dinosaur toy and a grown-up movie about police."

"Uuum, okay...those are good ideas."

A minute or two passes and then he says, "Mom, why is it your Dad's birthday?"

"Well, it just is. He's my Dad, you're right. I didn't know you had that figured out?"

"I do."
----------

Just after waking from a nap, he says in a very sleepy low voice, running all the words together,

"After Asher wakes up I can put on my pants and we can go to the park and I can get my wiggles out won't that be good?"

"I just love you honey."

"I love you too, Mom."
----------
I notice he's about to do something he shouldn't so I say,

"Miles, what are you doing?"

He pauses, wheels turning in that little head and says in such a grown-up way, "Just Hangin'."
----------


Miles - "Mom, check out Asher's blueberry eyes."

"Yes, I see them sweetie. You're right. They are blueberry eyes."

25 clicked right here to comment:

LisAway said...

I'm not his mother, I've never even MET his mother, yet my heart bursts when I read these. He's amazing.

Aquaspce said...

Miles definitely has a lot going on in that little head of his!

Kazzy said...

Blueberry eyes? SO cute! I love talkative little kids. My oldest used to talk and talk and talk, and once when we were visiting my in-laws I shushed him. My father-in-law lovingly told me that I might want to reconsider asking him to be quiet. "One day you are really really going to want him to talk to you." He was right, and even all through high school that son talked to me--- about girls, classes, drumming, rock bands, physics, whatever. I love talkative kids.

Jillene said...

Aaaawwww!!!! So cute!!

Radioactive Tori said...

How adorable! I love the awesome things kids say!

Sara@iSass said...

Can I write him in on my ballot? I'd love to here how he'd solve the economy?
Everyone gets a cookie and piggy bank?
SO cute.

Melanie Jacobson said...

Blueberry eyes? I love that!

Bonnie Lewis said...

oh my GOSH!!!!!! i want to babysit!!!!!!! i would just squeeze him!!! SO SO CUTE!!!!

Lara Neves said...

Out of the mouth of babes...blueberry eyes is my favorite.

Kristina P. said...

He is freakin' adorable!

Becky said...

I sometimes have a hard time with other people's kids. But I think I really, really like yours. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

How can you not love him?!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Awww....what cute moments!!

by the way, I'm going better, thanks for checking up on me. I go in today to see how I'm healing. :-)

Rachel said...

You're going to be so glad you have all this stuff recorded when he is older....adorable!

joolee said...

He's just hangin? Does this mean what I think it means?

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper. What a doll!

Mozi Esme said...

Those are beautiful blueberry eyes!

And I love his gift ideas! I need such a gift selection assistant at my house.

*MARY* said...

A dinosaur and a police movie! Awesome!
My dad's birthday is coming up too, thank you Miles.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

He is so adorable! I would love to sit and converse with him. He seems so precocious. It's so refreshing to see the world through little kids' eyes. Yes, blueberry eyes is my favorite Miles-ism :-)

Muthering Heights said...

Awww, blueberry eyes? That's the cutest thing I've ever heard!

Heidi said...

Too cute! It is clear that he is good with words, just like his mom!

Anonymous said...

Beauty. Taking time to notice and record these words and moments will be a delectable treat as they get older and you need the reminder of how scrumptious they are!

charrette said...

LOVE the blueberry eyes...both the eyes, and the preceptive description.

What cool kids!

carrhop said...

Blueberry eyes--awwwww! I love that! So glad that you are keeping track of all these little verbal treasures--they are so incredible!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I love those. This morning, my 4 year old looked at me and said, "Mom! Your boobs are bigger than Batman's!" You gotta love these little guys ;)

Jessica Stock said...

Love it! LOVE the beautiful ways kids see things How terrific!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs