9/11/09

Totally worth your time

Friday~September 11, 2009

Remember when September 11th was simply September 11th? Me either. Now we say the number nine and the number 11 together and it only means one thing.

9/11

Terror. Memories of exactly where we were on that day, the surreal slow-motion day that changed how we think about our safety.

Now 9/11 rolls off the tongue and brings memories, and that's just as it should be. To forget would be a disregard for the lives lost, and a slap in the face to those who are grieving and always will be grieving.

We talk about it and remember so that it will always help to color the way we live, embracing every day.

I figure today is a perfect day to share some powerful posts with you about redemption and hope. Check these guys out, you won't be sorry:

A very public experiment: last one by Mike Adamick at Cry It Out
(I first became aware that Mike was in the blogosphere when he read a post that rocked my socks at BlogHer. I've since been reading his blog and must say that I'm just plain astounded at his talent. If you love blogs, you need to add this one to your reader. In my humble opinion, it's one of the best you'll find.)

Placing Faith by Billy Coffey at What I Learned Today
(Billy is a recent discovery for me. I've only been reading his work for about a week. I find myself devouring his posts, impressed by his way with words, the way his mind works, and his huge heart.)


And perhaps today, you could use a laugh. Ann is good for that, with her wise, witty, quirky posts. Her talent makes me laugh through every line, and I'm not just saying that. Here's a good one from earlier this week:

Interview with myself #2: 14-year-old Busboy at Ann's Rants


Go on! It's the weekend! (almost) Enjoy some GOOD READS.

Peace out.

12 clicked right here to comment:

katdish said...

Going to check them out now (well, except BC, I'm a long time fan). Thanks!

Ann Imig said...

Heather, can't thank you enough for this!

Today is another sunny Sept. 11th--much like the actual day. I juggle with relief that they probably won't talk about it in my son's kindergarten class, mixed with guilt over that relief.

For the families, for the victims, for our country, for so many reasons we need to remember and honor--out loud.

Kristina P. said...

I will definitely check out these links!

Billy Coffey said...

Aww, thanks for this Heather. Really glad I found your blog. I'll be sure to check out the other links!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thanks for these... and I especially needed the laugh. This day is always difficult at our house.

Kathy B! said...

I will definitely check out these links. Thanks for sharing and posting.

Chief said...

Cry it Out is one of my favorites! I will definitely head over to the others as well!

sara said...

I always love finding new blogs...thanks for sharing!!!

Stesha said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful bloggers with us. You are one of my favorites too, although I don't comment that much. I lurk:)

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Liz Mays said...

Thanks for sharing the links. Coming from you, I have no doubt that they're excellent.

Karen MEG said...

Thanks for sharing these links, I just read Cry it Out and it just reaffirms that there is some miraculous talent out there...happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are so kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs