9/10/09

You Capture: To The Park






A hastily stolen photo
in the park

of her

this lovely little lady I don't know

I watched her

secretly hoping

that when the years make me her
I'll read books
in the park

I want to walk the paths
carrying the stories
of my life
in my heart
just as I carry
the bound pages
under my arm

All those broken
lovely stories
mixed with fiction
of poetry
history
and humor

I hope I take that uneasy walk
then
after the years have passed

and now
while I'm navigating this path
the uneasy road
of the unknown

leaps of faith

scraping steps
stooped back
hands holding tightly
to stay up

Broken

working my way
to the bench
that's too low
and not soft
but somehow just right

I hope

that when life calls out
in the flowers and the breeze

I'll answer
then and now

to keep living
the broken
and the lovely

Life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's You Capture assignment was to photograph something
you've never photographed before.
The above photo is my contribution to the task.

Visit
Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry.
(She rocks the party.)

Photobucket

37 clicked right here to comment:

Haley said...

What a perfect moment. I like your poem as well.

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Lyn said...

Pretty shot - love the flowers in the foreground1

Christy M. said...

Beautiful. Perfect. Touching. Just like you.

Seriously, Heather, I am in awe of your thoughts.

Diana Lesjak said...

Wow... when the years make me her... Love that!!!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool.

Misty said...

i love this. I want to be like her too...

Anonymous said...

So introspective! What a great picture...and ypur words. Just, wow.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

Amazing shot put with beautiful words.

katdish said...

That was amazing. Wow.

kiki said...

Umm... WOW - such a great photo and a great poem! Thanks for sharing!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

I love the picture and words and thoughts along with it. Great capture!

Jo said...

Another beautiful non-poem. :-) Love it!

H-Mama said...

One word. Beautiful.

Kori said...

Sigh...your words are as much a picture as the actual photo.

Susan Berlien said...

Neat Heather. What a leap to write a non-poem like that, but it is wonderful! You are brave and talented, and I'm your friend....how cool is that :)

Kristina P. said...

I sort of hate how awesomely talented you are.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Once again your beautiful heart has touched mine...truly.

Liz Mays said...

Sometimes I am stunned into silence by your masterful weaving of language and poetry. This is one of those times.

InkMom said...

Amen.

*Lissa* said...

Beautiful photo, Beautiful words.

Unknown said...

A pretty poem AND a cool photograph! You're awesome. And great job on the 'assignment'. I couldn't think of anything with my hormone compromised brain...

sara said...

wow....I loved this.

Ann Imig said...

Very beautiful.

Thank you.

Mammatalk said...

Lovely. Just so lovely!

AnnG said...

We all need to be able to enjoy the park like this...great picture!

Jen said...

Heather, you are so talented that sometimes I wonder if you know how awesome you are. I love the way that you capture things and write about them. Thank you. Thank you for touching my heart.

Corinne Cunningham said...

First, that photo is fantastic. The colors alone are near brilliant ;)

Second, love your writing. Like always!

happygeek said...

Mmmm-hmmmm.
Amen.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

I can't wait to sit in the park and read. Ahhhh.....one day, one day.

Love the picture and your words. So encouraging this night.

Thanks, friend!

Laura said...

what a beautiful photo! love this.

Carrie said...

What a sweet photo! I wish the beautiful lady could read your post. I think she'd find it touching. I have a soft spot in my heart for elderly people. I can't help but wonder what story their lives would tell.

JCK said...

this poem really moved me. Especially this:

working my way
to the bench
that's too low
and not soft
but somehow just right

Just lovely.

Billy Coffey said...

Wow, that was good. Loved this line: "I'll answer then and now to keep living the broken and the lovely Life."

Kazzy said...

I love your poetry. I also sneak photos of old people. LOL A few months ago I took one of the cutest old couple walking around the high school track arm in arm. They had to be 80. So sweet!

Dedee said...

I want that to be me too, then and now!

KatBouska said...

Beautiful poem!! And awesome shot! It's amazing how a simple photo can inspire you to write!

Anonymous said...

I love your poetry. Now you have poetry in pictures too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs